Saturday 17 November 2012

Quick-chocolate-fix Cornflake cakes

My earliest memory of Cornflakes is eating them with cream and sugar as a young child. I must have needed building up. Sadly, I cannot make the same claim now but I do commend these chocolate Cornflake cakes to you as the very best of their genre. The recipe comes from my sister-in-law.

Toy panda tea party chocolate Cornflake cakes
Panda's tea party

Chocolate Cornflake cakes

Melt together 4oz butter, 4 tablespoons of golden syrup and 4 tablespoons drinking chocolate. Allow it to come to the boil but then take it straight off the heat. Mix in 4 and a half ounces Cornflakes and put the mixture in cake cases, before cooling in the fridge. 

1 comment:

  1. The Panda looks mildly threatening, but the cakes look - dammit, they are! I've tasted them! - comfortingly sweet. You just need a clean finger to pick and consume every last speck off your teeth and the ability to lie to your dentist.

    ReplyDelete